Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Team Canada Men's Hockey Cartoon - Toews, Tavares, Crosby, Duchene, Price, Subban, and Benn

Oh Canada, I drew some hockey players for you! It took me ages (the full sized drawing is the size of a large movie poster), but I think it turned out pretty well! I feel like I'm now an expert at drawing teeth and hockey hair, ha! Please click on each of the drawings for a larger view.

If you are a Canadian you probably already know that both Canada's men's and women's ice hockey teams won Gold at the Sochi Olympics last month. There was no way I had enough time to draw the whole team, so instead I opted just to draw my friends' fav players. From left to right in the group shot: Jonathan Toews (from the Chicago Blackhawks), John Tavares (from the New York Islanders),  Sidney Crosby (from the Pittsburgh Penguins), Matt Duchene (from the Colorado Avalanche), Carey Price (from the Montreal Canadiens), PK Subban (from the Montreal Canadiens), and Jamie Benn (from the Dallas Stars). I think my favourite to draw was Crosby because he looks like Clark Kent, ha.


Tavares and Crosby
Subban and Benn
Toews and Duchene
Price

Mainly from CBC and Zimbo.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Nice Jamie, I think it turned out quite well!

Jamie McCarthy said...

Thanks, Matt. Glad a hockey fan like you enjoyed it!