Thursday, April 16, 2009

Martha Stewart, Francesca, and Sharkey Cartoon

I used to love sick days when I was little, so I could stay home and watch Martha Stewart Living with my mom. I’m still a huge fan and would love to own Martha's new craft book. I found the original picture from Sharkey and Francesca's cute blog: http://dailywag.marthastewart.com/. While you are there you should check out Martha's blog (http://www.themarthablog.com/). She has a fantastic entry on the Spring/Summer 2009 Marc Jacobs show full of awesome photos taken by her with hilarious commentary (read it here).

 

6 comments:

bloggeranonymous said...

Omyfreakingosh! Your really good with the animals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie McCarthy said...

Thanks Josh! I love drawing animals, so I'm glad you liked this one. Sharkey and Francesca are so cute.

Jill said...

hey Jamie! are those really Martha's dogs?? also, thanks for letting me know about the grades! and i hope i didn't spoil anything for you on Lost. apparently there isn't a new episode this week :(

Jamie McCarthy said...

Hey Jill,

Don't worry you didn't spoil anything for me on Lost - I love guessing what will happen next. And to answer your question those are indeed Martha's dogs. Sharkey is on the left and Frankie is on the right. They are on the show all the time.

Sonya said...

Beautiful work. I saw this because you posted it on the girl's Daily Wag blog. BTW, her name is Francesca not Frankie but great job anyway!

Jamie McCarthy said...

Hi Sonya. Thanks so much for your kind comment! I'm glad you liked the cartoon. And yes, luckly in the post title and write up I did type Francesca. For some reason I always like to call them Sharkey and Frankie though, ha. Anyway thanks again.